Monday, August 19, 2013

Travels 2013-14


1. I am driving to the North Island leaving Thursday and crossing Cook Strait on Friday.
Hope those earthquakes settle down in Wellington where I have booked accommodation for Friday night.
Have booked Saturday night in Napier then plan to enter new territory to Gisborne, East Cape, Tauranga (was there 1 night in 2004) Coromandel (also 1 night in 2004) then have booked into Auckland from Aug 29 to Sun Sep 1.  May stay longer and have plans for Wanganui and probably cross back over to the South Island on 7 or 8 Sep.


2. I am flying to Sydney on October 29 for a reunion of my class of 1973 the following weekend. They meet every 10 years and I would hate to miss, though I doubt I will be there in 2023.  Will fly home November 11 so will stay in Dunedin for Christmas.

3. Will probably fly to Sydney for Easter (April 18 to 21) and Anzac Day (April 25) The last time for many years they will be within a week of each other.

4. Have begun making reservations for USA next June/July.

Have booked train (the Cardinal) from Washington to Chicago on June 25/26 and a package involving train (Empire Builder) from Chicago to East Glacier on 27/28 then 4 nights in Glacier National Park followed by overnight train to Seattle July2/3.
Will leave remaining bookings for now but am considering flight from NZ to Salt Lake City, Coach tour of Yellowstone, Flight to New York for a week then train to Washington.

After Seattle I may go by train to San Francisco and Los Angeles before flying home.


No comments: