Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Caananite Woman

Again it is wonderful to read sermons from around the world on the same gospel reading. Doorman-Priest is spending time at the Lutheran Church of the Holy Spirit in Tallinn, Estonia. He writes about his time there as well as posting a thought provoking sermon. I am posting the photos I took last May so we have some picture of the surroundings in which he is preaching.





and please also read the sermon preached by J. Michael Povey in Povey Prattle
it ends with a wonderful poem
He drew a circle that shut me out--
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!
("Outwitted" by Edwin Markham)

Also please pray for him and others in Florida as a Hurricane (we call them Cyclones) approaches.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Thank you for these photos of Talinn!

I read DP's post and was very moved, all these great sermons on the Canaanite woman, a compelling scripture.

And now I have yet another blog to read... I loved that second link.